Committing to customers first
City of Wyndham, Victoria, has taken their commitment to providing a positive customer experience to the next level with the creation and implementation of a new internal strategy.
The Customer Experience (CX) Strategy will guide the transformation of their service delivery to be focused on the customer experience, meeting customer needs through digital innovation, service re-design and a ‘Community First’ customer centric service model.
There are six customer commitments central to the strategy:
- access to information
- consistent information and experiences
- choice for when and how residents interact with Council
- empathy when listening to residents and taking into consideration their individual circumstances
- simple, easy to follow information that requires little effort
- seamless customer journeys with no duplication of effort
Wyndham City has a program of change that is designed to deliver on the customer commitments.
This is being achieved by focusing on continuous improvement and innovation, employee experience, CX reporting and measurement, culture and leadership, and by embracing customer-centric technology.
The success of this strategy also depends on a whole of Council approach, putting the customer at the centre of everything they do.