Regional Australia: raise your voiceRegional Australia makes a significant contribution to Australia’s GDP through primary production, tourism and mining and plays an important role in delivering civic services to regional populations.
Attached to these industry activities are infrastructure, support services, businesses and policy decisions that in turn affect regional prosperity.
People living and working in regional Australia, along with state and national decision makers need to ensure end-to-end value for regional Australia.
Join us in Terrigal, Central Coast NSW, 20-22 November 2012 to hear from nationally and internationally recognised leaders addressing key regional topics of innovation, economics, technology, Indigenous land development, business development, organisational effectiveness and capturing rural ingenuity.
The program will showcase specific regions that have maximized benefits within their regions through the right mix of community resources, human capital and strategic partnerships and interagency linkages to create end-to-end value for regional Australia.
Key themes at SEGRA include:
• developing an innovation champions program
• building clusters in vast and or fragmented regions
• regional centers, super towns and other growth plans
• implementing sustainability solutions
• coordinating local and regional development funding
• building dynamic capability
Roy Morgan Research will also be conducting a two hour session on their latest report State of the Nation: spotlight on rural Australia .
Recognised as Australia’s most credible independent voice on issues affecting regional Australia, SEGRA 2012 is an opportunity to:
• identify the key issues confronting regional Australia
• recognise the intrinsic advantages offered by regional Australia in meeting the national outcomes and highlight best practice to ensure sustainable economic growth in regional Australia.
Register now to be part of SEGRA 2012 at www.segra.com.au For further information please contact Rebecca Fawcett-Smith, SEGRA Secretariat, Phone: (07) 3210 0021 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Copy supplied by SEGRA