The Whitehorse community
Council values the ideas and contribution provided by its local community and regularly provides opportunities for feedback on proposed plans and strategies. Council also has appointed advisory committees that provide regular feedback on the development of specific areas of work.
In pursuing its goals Whitehorse City Council believes in and is committed to consulting and communicating with the community.
These actions form part of Council’s values and ensure that members of our community are sufficiently informed and able to contribute to Council’s decision-making processes.
Current community consultations can be found throughout the year on Council’s website at www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Consulting-the-Community.html
Council has a number of community advisory committees that provide a more formal opportunity for community input. These committees include:
- Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Whitehorse Scholarship Committee
- Disability Advisory Committee
- Heritage Steering Committee
- Human Services Advisory Group
- Parkland Advisory Committees
- Reconciliation Policy and Action Plan Advisory Committee
- Visual Arts Committee.