Recognising councilsí top performers
At the recent Local Government Managers Australia National Congress in Adelaide, Local Government FOCUS invited delegates to nominate staff members or teams from their council who are excelling in their professional field by improving their council’s operations and enhancing services for their community.
Similar to previous years, we received a range of quality entries and would like to thank all delegates who submitted nominations.
From the entries received, six staff members and six teams have been selected. Over the next six months, FOCUS will showcase the winners, with one team and one individual featured in each edition, commencing in our July edition.
The 2010 winners, followed by their nominator, are listed below.
- Bridge Gang at North Burnett Regional Council (Qld) – Mark Pitt, CEO
- ‘Dam Busters’ LGMA Management Challenge Team, Mundaring Shire Council (WA) – Jonathon Throssell, CEO
- Croydon Leisure and Aquatic Centre team at Maroondah City Council (Vic) – Helen Croxford, Director Community Services
- Human Resources Unit at Alice Springs Town Council (NT) – Rex Mooney, CEO
- Community Planning Team, Redland City Council (Qld) – Nick Clarice, General Manager Governance
- Recreation Centre Team, Shire of Denmark (WA) – Dale Stewart, CEO
Individual staff members
- Anne Hammond, Manager Strategies and Outcomes at Darwin City Council (NT) – Pam Robinson, Manager Climate Change and Environment
- Jeanette Bennett, Executive Assistant at the Shire of Lake Grace (WA) – Sean Fletcher, CEO
- Lee Crane, Economic Development Research Officer at Sutherland Shire Council (NSW) – Kristi Owen, Planning and Projects Manager
- Andrew Whiteley, Team Leader Asset Management at Sunshine Coast Regional Council (Qld) – Steve Linnane, Manager Building and Facility Services
- George Levay, Manager Parks and Gardens at Port Adelaide Enfield Council (SA) – Councillor Peter Jamieson
- Chantal Husk, Communications Coordinator at the City of South Perth (WA) – Cliff Frewing, CEO