Recognising Councils’ top performers
At the recent Local Government Managers Australia National Congress in Hobart, Local Government FOCUS invited delegates to nominate individuals or teams from their Council who are excelling in their field and meeting organisational goals and community needs.
Similar to previous years, we received a range of quality entries and would like to thank all delegates who submitted nominations. From the entries received, six staff members and six teams have been selected.
Over the next six months FOCUS will showcase the winners, with one team and one individual featured in each edition, commencing in our July edition. The 2007 winners, followed by their nominator, are listed below.
- Customer Service Team at Alexandrina Council (SA) – John Coombe, CEO
- Docklands Team at the City of Melbourne/Vic Urban (VIC) – Rod Burke, City Manager
- Community Services Team at Cook Shire (QLD) – Mark Pitt, CEO
- City Projects Design Team at the City of Sydney (NSW) – Russell Lloyd, Director City Projects
- Bridge Works Team at Tiaro Shire (QLD) – Andrew Brien, CEO
- Communications Team at Hobsons Bay City Council (VIC) – Helen Anstis, Director Organisational Development
Individual staff members
- David Rogers, Corporate Support Officer at Mosman Council (NSW) – Anthony Fitzpatrick, Manager Governance
- Kylie Whitehead, Development Officer at Wongan Ballidu Shire (WA) – Dale Stewart, CEO
- Fionn Muster, Media Liaison Officer at Alice Springs Town Council (NT) – Rex Mooney, CEO
- Hector Gaston, Manager Amenity Services at Moonee Valley Council (VIC) – Jeremy Wood, Group Manager City Development
- Melanie Griffiths, Administration Officer at Launceston City Council (TAS) – Martin Reynolds, Corporate Secretary
- Veronica Dayman, Mayoral Liasion Officer at the City of Albany (WA) – John Byrne, Corporate Governance Coordinator