Women, finance and super
Leading practitioners and academics in the superannuation and finance fields will discuss and illustrate the importance of Women, Finance and Super in a session at the 19th Women, Management and Employment Relations Conference.
Speakers will include:
- Suzanne Baldry, Managing Director, Baldry Financial Group
- Julie Lander, Chief Executive Officer, CARE Super
- Dr Diana Olsberg, Head, School of Sociology and Anthrology, University of New South Wales.
This high profile annual conference presented by the Labour-Management Studies Foundation and the Macquarie Graduate School of Management at Macquarie University attracts over 200 participants from the public and private sectors.
The conference provides an update of the key issues confronting women in the workplace. All sessions are interactive and will explore practical solutions to issues, with the conference providing wonderful networking opportunities.
Topics for discussion in 2007:
- key issues in managing people
- women in transition: moving in, out and up
- women, finance and super
- hypothetical ‘Bridging the gap: the hand that helps or hinders’
- leadership is women’s business
- workplace flexibility: the American experience
- women in media.
Julia Gillard, MP will deliver the keynote address on ‘Leadership is Women’s Business’. Nanda Pok, Founder and Executive Director of Women for Prosperity, Phnom Penh, Cambodia will deliver the Dinner Address, ‘Women and Decision Making’.
A Dr Clare Burton Scholarship is offered to higher education candidates studying in equity and/or diversity.
For further information visit www.lmsf.mq.edu.au/wmer_lgf, telephone (02) 9850 8985 or email pam.morpeth@ efs.mq.edu.au