2006 Public Relations conference in Sydney
The Local Government Public Relations of Australia (LGPRA) is inviting professionals from all over the nation to its annual conference. The conference theme, ‘A Fine Balance working with stakeholders and communicating the right message’, will be held at the Swiss Grand Hotel in Bondi on 15–17 February 2006.
Topics to be covered include:
- writing for the media (presented by Mark Chipperfield, Editor, Sydney magazine)
- managing Council’s reputation (presented by Barbara Ryan, University of Southern QLD)
- responding to a crisis (facilitated by Barry McLeod from BMC Strategic Management)
- the role of leadership in organisation communication (Anabelle Warren, the National President of the Public Relations Institute of Australia).
In addition, various Council case studies will be presented including:
- Bathurst City Council’s award winning Communication Strategy for the handling of its recent amalgamation
- national political agenda impacting on individual Councils with Rohan Greenland, Director of Public Affairs with the Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) .
Keynote speaker will be Michael Licenblat, a resilience expert who will show delegates how to maximise their energy and expand their capacity. The conference provides communication practitioners with an excellent opportunity to network with their peers and to learn about contemporary trends in the field.
The registration fee is $650 for members and $750 for non members. Closing date for registration is 31 January 2006.
For a conference brochure, registration form and membership form for the LGPRA go to www.lgpra.com.au
For further information on the conference, contact Caryn Morgan on (02) 9810 2701 or email@example.com