Latest Edition - August 2014
- Local Governments welcome refugeesCouncils across Australia are welcoming new citizens into their community by adopting refugee friendly policies to stop racism. » read more
- EditorialAs Australians, we can no longer stand for the lives of asylum seekers being used as a political bargaining chip. » read more
- #ItStopsWithMeBendigoThe City of Greater Bendigo has pledged to end racism in their community with over 500 residents signing the ‘Racism. It Stops With Me’ pledge. » read more
- Indigenous youth film nominatedInverell Shire Council’s youth project titled Yillambu-Yilaathu (Gamilaaray Translation: Past - Present) was nominated for the Local Government Arts and Culture Awards and was selected as a finalist in the category of “Community Participation in Arts and Culture, Aboriginal Arts and Culture” » read more
- Why not a productivity drive on road construction? - The Good Oil by Rod BrownThe major report by the Productivity Commission (PC) on Public Infrastructure was recently released, 900 pages of solid stuff.
» read more
- Winter sleep out a success City of Ryde Mayor Councillor Roy Maggio was joined by a committed number of residents who participated in the Mayor’s Winter Sleepout on Saturday 19 July as part of the Mayor’s fundraising effort for Australia’s homeless.
» read more
- view full edition