16–17 October; Sydney Town Hall
We are in a new era of city competition.
The rigid global urban hierarchy is breaking down as cities increasingly specialise in niche markets, enabling more cities than ever to ‘go global’.
Population growth in cities is also placing a strain on infrastructure and resources.
It’s clear that cities need to adopt new approaches to remain economically successful and attractive to citizens.
That’s why cities globally are embarking on smart city projects designed to support and encourage innovation, attract talent, create jobs and build resilience.
And this is the focus of CityIgnite 2017.
We’ve brought together Mayors, City Chief Executive officers, Chief Development officers, Activation managers, Chief Resilience officers, Economic Development managers, and Start-ups to explore the new ideas and approaches creating positive outcomes in our cities
It will provide a wealth of information on smart cities and how city leaders can consider and plan smart city projects, featuring case studies on how seven cities — Barcelona, Malmo, Amsterdam, Sydney, Michigan, Ipswich, Newcastle — are using different approaches to implement smart city projects.
The city of Sydney will become our living laboratory where we will explore solutions and exchange best practices to create positive solutions for our cities.
Some Key Speakers include
- Pablo Pujadas Alvarez, Partner and Cofounder, Smart Engineering, Barcelona
- Julieta Talavera, Experience Designer, The Connectors Society, Sweden
- Minister Matt Kean, Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, New South Wales Government
- Phil Kim, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Jerde Partnership, China
- Oakley Kwon, Legislation Policy Manager & Innovation Specialist, Queensland Government
- Elizabeth Zealand, Chief Executive Officer, Spot Parking
- Rob Roggema, Professor of Sustainable Urban Environments, University of Technology Sydney
- Ben Guy, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, Urban Circus
- Caitlin Bladin, Manager, City Activation, Australian Capital Territory Government
CityIGNITE will feature in-depth roundtables, industry-leading case studies and interactive panel discussions. Download the brochure here for full details: http://bit.ly/2ukBEsQ
Visit the website here: www.cityignite.com.au
*Copy supplied by City Ignite